let us know where we should go!

If you you have a favorite restaurant for us to visit, please leave the name and location in a comment on our posts and we will do our best to get out and try it out.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Lance's take on the Smoking Apple

WOW, the smell of smoking meat only excited and reassured me that I was in for a treat.  The Smoking Apple has been remodeled and looks great. Ordering was easy grab a menu and let your mouth begin to water. I finally decided to on the 2 meat platter, choosing 12+ hr smoked pulled pork, and the beef brisket, the three side were easy Mac&Cheese, Cole slaw, and potato salad, I also got a water cup. We took a seat to wait for our order, which was ready in 5 min or less. Just enough time to sneak a smell of the House BBQ sauce and again my mouth started to water. I knew if the meat was o.k. then at least I could get it down with the delicious sauce. But the sauce was just the cherry on top. The brisket was pulled and super moist and full of flavor, and the pork (well i love pig!) it was smoky, tender, and packed with flavor.  I didn't even need the sauce. And yes as Joe said we did try the sauce on everything meat and sides, it was all good. Second best part after the food was that i was full. The Smoking Apple only felt me wanting more of their delicious BBQ.
I give it a 4 out of 5.

PS
I hear the ribs and cheesesteaks are outstanding as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment